What's Happening @HRES - Oct. 18
What’s Happening at HRES – Oct. 18
Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is hosting a Halloween Howl next Thursday, October 26 from 6:00-8:00 (younger students from 6-7 and older students from 7-8). Please note that children must be supervised by an adult. Check out the Halloween Howl Flyer!
Volunteers are needed so click on the link to see what’s available: https://volunteersignup.org/K7JFA
Scholastic Book Fair
We are having a book fair the week of November 6th, with all profits going back to the Holland Road Elementary’s school library. We need volunteers to help our school librarian, Mrs. McDowell, on Tuesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 9 from 8:00 – 1:30 when students are shopping. Please send an email if you can volunteer for any amount of time.
There is a possibility for keeping the Book Fair open until 6:00 on Thursday, November 9, so please let us know if you can help out after school.
Provincial Assessment Results
In the spring, our grade 3 students participated in provincial assessments for math and literacy. The results from these assessments will be sent to our grade 4 families through Edu-Portal, which is the email system that report cards are sent through. Please keep in mind that this is a snapshot of a moment in time and may not truly reflect what teachers are seeing in the classroom for all students. If you have any questions about the report, please reach out to the classroom teacher.
Bus Safety Week - October 16-20
Did you know that HRCE has more than 30,000 students who ride the school bus every day? School Bus Safety Week is a great time to remind students and families of a few daily safety tips that everyone can follow to ensure all students get to school safely.
School Bus Safety
• Please respect and listen to the driver and avoid distracting them.
• Please keep noise levels to a minimum.
• Do not stand or move seats while the bus is in motion.
• Never put your hands, arms, feet or head out of the bus window.
• Ask the driver for permission before you open the bus windows.
• Do not throw anything inside the bus or out of the windows.
• Keep the aisle clear at all times when the bus is in motion.
Bus Stop Safety
• Stand back off the road and don't push or shove when waiting at a stop.
• Always cross in front of the bus
• Never crawl under a school bus or cross the road behind the bus.
• Know the danger zones around the bus.
You can find out more information about School Bus Safety Week, including more safety tips, here.