What's Happening @HRES - Dec. 12
What’s Happening at Holland Road Elementary– December 12, 2022
Hat Day/ Spirit Day: On Friday, students can wear a winter hat, ball cap, Santa hat or decorative headband
School Photos: If you forgot to order photos, you can still do so by going on Photomaster Studios website at http://photomasterstudios.ca. Any orders received before Dec 15th will be sent to the school in time for Christmas!
Front Row Seat Raffle: If you want to take part in the PTA raffle for a chance to win front row seats and a parking space, make sure you send your ticket(s) and money in by lunchtime tomorrow (Dec. 13).
Concert Tickets: Students should be coming home with 2 concert tickets today. Those who have requested an extra ticket will have them stapled to the concert ticket notice.
Holiday Bazaar: Thank you to the families who have donated gently used items for the Holiday Bazaar, which is happening on Friday. Please keep sending things in, we do need more items. Also, we still need volunteers to help with this event. You can sign up at https://volunteersignup.org/8WLBC
Winter is Coming: Guidelines for Inclement Weather: Making the decision to alter the regular operations of school and/or school buses due to inclement weather is never an easy task. To learn more about how the Halifax Regional Centre for Education (HRCE) makes this call, visit www.hrce.ca/weather.
When is the decision made? HRCE’s goal is to make the decision as close to 6 a.m. as possible. The announcement could be:
• All schools are delayed in opening by two hours and all bus pickups are delayed by two hours; or
• All schools are open, but some or all buses are not operating for the day; or
• Some schools (either individually or by family) are closed for the day; or
• All schools are closed for the day.
If the weather deteriorates through the school day, the HRCE can decide to dismiss early. In the event of an early dismissal, the decision will be communicated as close to 11 a.m. as possible. An 11 am dismissal means:
• Bused students will be picked up two hours earlier than their regular dismissal time; and
• Walking students will be dismissed at their regularly-scheduled lunch hour.
Please Note: Our students will not be released from school until parents/guardians have been notified by the school.
How will families be notified?
• Families will receive an email and text message (opt-in is required: text Y to 978338)*
• Check our website at www.hrce.ca
• Follow us on Twitter at @HRCE_NS
• Call the HRCE information line at 902-464-INFO (4636)
• All local radio stations are informed
Click here for a printable PDF of our guidelines.
*If you know someone who is NOT a parent/guardian who would like to receive an email and/or text message, let them know they can sign up here: www.hrce.ca/notifications